KZN waste management competition announced
Submitted by: Amanda Botes, Friday, February 24, 2012
The Institute of Waste Management of Southern Africa (IWMSA) is hosting an awards competition for organisations in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) that are involved in effective waste management. The competition is open to those in the chemical industry, general manufacturing, and the service industry.
The objectives of the competition are to promote best practice in waste management in KZN and to acknowledge organisations that are practicing responsible waste management.
The competition provides organisations both with an opportunity to show case their good work in waste management and to provide an incentive for organisations to start tackling waste management issues. The winners of the awards will also benefit from positive media exposure.
More information can be found on the IWMSA website and an entry form is available online. Entries close on the 30th of June 2012. After the competition closes, judges will conduct site visits at competing organisations.
You may also be interested in:
- Entries open for the 2014 KZN Waste Management Awards
- e-Waste Industry Waste Management Plan in the pipeline
- Waste tyre management plan and fee now operational in South Africa
- WastePlan: Reducing waste management costs
- South African waste management tyre fee to generate R700 million per year to promote tyre recycling
- Entries open for recycled plastic product competition
- Entries open for 2013 Best Recycled Plastic Product of the Year Competition
- Competition generates innovative designs for trolleys to collect recyclables