Exhibitor registration is open for the 2014 eThekwini Municipality Sustainable Living Exhibition
Submitted by: Nadia Shah, Tuesday, April 22, 2014
eThekwini Municipality’s Imagine Durban Project will host its fifth Sustainable Living Exhibition at the Durban Exhibition Centre from the 22nd of August to the 24th of August 2014. The eThekwini Municipality is inviting organisations that are interested in exhibiting to register by the 30th of May 2014. The exhibition presents an opportunity for stakeholders from all sectors of society to share initiatives which aim to advance sustainable development and contribute towards an environmentally friendly future. In addition the exhibition provides a platform to network, learn, inspire others and replicate innovative ideas. There is an added attraction this year as the Botanical Gardens Indigenous Plant Fair will take place at the Sustainable Living Exhibition.
In line with promoting the strategic goals of the eThekwini’s Long Term Development Plan, exhibitors are invited to showcase their work and products relating to the following key areas:
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Waste minimisation and recycling
- Water conservation
- Food gardening and greening
- Environmental advocacy
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Health and wellbeing
- Creative arts
- Social justice
Individuals, non-profit organisations, schools, government departments, state owned enterprises and businesses are invited to exhibit their environmental sustainability initiatives. Businesses will be charged a fee of R3,000 to exhibit for the full three days, other sectors will be charged R300. Registration for schools and government departments is free. Entrance for visitors is also free.
Since there are a limited number of concessions available exhibitors are encouraged to register early to avoid disappointment. Interested organisations are asked to complete and email the registration form below to Dorothy Lutchmiah at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of May. For more information contact Dorothy on 031 311 4277 or 073 240 3600.
To keep updated with sustainability news subscribe to the fortnightly Urban Earth Newsletter.
You may also be interested in:
- Registrations to exhibit at the 2013 eThekwini Municipality Sustainable Living Exhibition are now open
- eThekwini Sustainable Living Exhibition 2013 leads “going green” pathway
- Durban Sustainable Living Exhibition 2012
- Sustainable Living and Indigenous Plant fair 2013
- eThekwini’s Imagine Durban launches food garden booklet for schools
- EThekwini Municipality releases draft Durban Climate Change Strategy for comment
- EThekwini Municipality launches the Durban Climate Change Strategy
- eThekwini Municipality’s KwaZulu-Natal Sustainable Energy Forum